What Is The Purpose Of Vitamin Testing?
A vitamin profile test is a sort of vitamin blood test that determines the concentrations of various vitamins in your circulation. if you're concerned about your total nutritional intake, a vitamin checkup that includes a blood test to see what vitamins you need may be a suitable option for you.
- The levels of specific vitamins in your blood, including vitamin D, vitamin B12, and folate
- These tests can help identify whether you have a deficiency in any of these vitamins, which can cause a range of symptoms and health concerns
- Vitamin D testing measures the level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in your blood, which is the main circulating form of vitamin D
- Vitamin B12 testing measures the level of vitamin B12 in your blood, which is important for the production of red blood cells and the proper functioning of your nervous system
- Folate testing measures the level of folate in your blood, which is important for cell growth and the production of DNA
- Vitamin blood tests can be used to diagnose specific conditions related to vitamin deficiencies, such as osteoporosis, anemia, and neuropathy