Focus TB - Towards a TB free world
Tuberculosis has world wide
emergence as over nine
million new cases of TB are
estimated to develop around the
world every year. "Early diagnosis and treatment for
tuberculosis can turn the tide."
Thus for effective TB control plan
the diagnosis at the onset of
infection is essential.
Risk factors for delayed start of tuberculosis treatment
- Patient delay - is the period between onset of
symptoms and patient's first move towards the
hospital to seek treatment. Unawareness is the major
factor contributing to such delay .
- Delay in diagnosis and start of treatment constitutes
the health care system delay which may occur due to
poorly trained staff or limited diagnostic facilities.
- Total delay - is the sum of the two durations between
onset of symptoms and start of treatment for TB i.e.
both patient delay and health care system delay.
Benifits of ALL IN ONE - Whole Genome Sequencing for TB
Tuberculosis Genome Sequencing (TGS) is proving complete comprehensive single test solution of tuberculosis. TGS provides an opportunity Genome Sequencing technology to treat with ideal antibiotics without wasting time. According to the WHO, almost 50 per cent of patients affected by the multidrug-resistant form of TB will die because no drugs are strong enough to treat them. This is where TGS plays a major role to overcome this shortfall.
- It gives simple and precise results with the advantage of a rapid turn-around-time.
- Being an evidence-based profiling, the analysis gives results based on the latest available information that is regularly
- TGS has been optimized by analyzing >10,000 TB genomes and >300 clinical isolates.
- Antibiogram profile of TGS is far superior than combination of all tuberculosis diagnostics methods (Indivivualised or
- 12-day cumulated time to diagnosis of TB in critical re-treatment and HIV comorbid cases
- TGS is a single test solution for rapid and comprehensive DST profiling
- TGS cuts down TB test cost to almost 50%.