10 Reasons Why You Need Full Body Checkups
3 Min Read
Good health is an asset that most of us take for granted. When we have good health, we can live a thriving lifestyle and fulfill all those life ambitions that we set for ourselves. However, when our health fails, we experience setbacks, and for most, life can come to a complete halt as well.
A full-body checkup is the means to measure and maintain our good health. We can keep diseases at bay and live a regular life by getting the inside story of our daily metabolism. The involved benefits of full-body checkups outweigh every con that you can think of, and you must make the tests a part of your well-being moving forward.
Who May Need a Full-Body Checkup?
- Individuals above the age of 40: As we age, our risk of developing various health conditions increases. Regular full-body checkups become crucial for early detection and prevention.
- Individuals with a family history of diseases: If you have a family history of conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, regular checkups can help identify any potential genetic predispositions and take necessary preventive measures.
- Individuals leading a sedentary lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle can contribute to various health issues like obesity, cardiovascular problems, and musculoskeletal disorders. Full-body checkups can assess your overall health and provide guidance on lifestyle modifications.
- Individuals with chronic diseases: People living with chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, or autoimmune disorders require regular monitoring to manage their health effectively and detect any complications early on.
- Individuals with high-stress levels: Stress can have a significant impact on our overall health. Regular checkups can help identify any stress-related conditions and provide guidance on stress management techniques.
- Individuals with a history of substance abuse: Substance abuse can have severe consequences on physical and mental health. A full-body checkup can assess the damage caused and guide individuals toward recovery and overall well-being.
- Individuals with significant weight fluctuations: Rapid weight gain or loss can indicate underlying health issues. Full-body checkups can help identify the root cause and develop a plan for healthy weight management.
- Individuals planning to start a family: For couples planning to conceive, a full-body checkup can assess their reproductive health, identify any potential fertility issues, and provide guidance on preconception care.
- Individuals with occupational health risks: Certain professions expose individuals to occupational hazards, such as chemicals, radiation, or repetitive strain injuries. Regular checkups can monitor the impact of these risks on health and provide preventive measures.
- Individuals seeking a proactive approach to health: Even if you feel healthy and have no apparent symptoms, a full-body checkup can provide a baseline for your health status and help detect any underlying conditions at an early stage.
10 Benefits of Full Body Checkups
An excellent tool for preventive medicine
What if you could track, detect, and manage a disease even before the advent of its first symptom? A full-body health checkup is how you can do that. A few parameters start deviating from the expected count as soon as a disease begins mushrooming in our bodies. For example, fever is a symptom of an infection. But our WBC count rises first in response to an infection, and we can track that with full-body tests. In addition, any illness is curable with the proper medication, and an early intervention limits the complications of the disease.
It makes better financial sense
Investing in preventive healthcare through full body check-ups can lead to cost savings in the long run. Early detection and treatment of health conditions are generally less expensive than managing advanced stages of diseases. By catching potential problems early, you can avoid costly medical procedures and prolonged treatments.
You can track your WBC count with simple health checkup packages like the Thyrocare Aarogyam B test, the cost of which is INR 950. In addition, any infection is treatable during the early stages using broad-spectrum oral antibiotics, and you rarely need hospitalization.
However, if the infection is untreated because the fever took a long time to show itself, the condition might turn serious. Hospitalization in such a case might cost you around INR 30,000 per day to treat the disease. Full-body checkups are thus sensible investments.
Effective in delaying or managing genetic diseases
There are some diseases that we inherit from our parents. And their onset is inevitable because the conditions exist within our genes. Therefore, the only way to detect and manage such infections is to undergo a full-body checkup periodically and remain under the guidance of an expert physician.
Even if you do not have the complete medical history of your family, the right set of tests can help detect a genetic disease. Today, we have medicines and healthcare technologies to counter the effects of such conditions.
Early intervention with lifestyle diseases
Diabetes, for example, has become a lifestyle disease. Our sedentary habits combined with sugar-laden processed foods have made diabetes and obesity the two most common conditions affecting humankind. Proper health checkup packages include the necessary tests for diabetes, and your doctor can detect its onset by keeping track of your insulin levels. With early intervention, diabetes is a manageable disease. If you make the required lifestyle changes, you might not need medication at all.
Detecting and treating environmental diseases
The environment we live in can make us sick as well. For instance, you can get exposed to arsenic during one of your vacations to a distant place or might pick up lead or cadmium poisoning during your job in a heavy metals factory. Comprehensive full-body tests like the Thyrocare Aarogyam 1.3 are the only way to detect toxic elements in your blood. The complete report helps the doctor flush out the heavy metal from your body and monitor the poison's effects on your organs.
Manage the risks of preventable diseases
In most cases, anemia or the lack of red blood cells in the blood is a preventable disease. It happens either due to an iron deficiency or vitamin B12 deficiency. Severely anemic patients need frequent blood transfusions, while brain damage or coma is a likely occurrence in chronic cases. A full-body checkup will immediately reveal the iron or vitamin B12 levels in your blood. A few supplements combined with a proper diet can reverse anemia. Similarly, regular checkups can help manage other preventable diseases and eliminate unnecessary suffering from your life.
Prevent misdiagnosis due to confusing symptoms
Differential diagnosis is a strategy that doctors use to diagnose complicated diseases. Here, the doctors look at symptoms and eliminate diseases that might be affecting the patient. Misdiagnosis happens when two or more conditions cause the same symptoms and leave the doctors confused about which disease might be causing the sickness. A regular full-body test prevents such an instance. If you have undergone the tests annually, the doctors will have information on the disease's progress and treat you right by diagnosing correctly.
Receive better deals on health insurance
There is no doubt that all of us should have health coverage. But the deal we get depends mainly on our current health and age. With full-body checkups like the Thyrocare Aarogyam Packages, you can extract a better deal from the insurance provider by proving that your internal health is in top shape.
As a result, you might get better coverage for a low premium and maximize the benefits when you need to make a claim. In addition, the full-body test report can become your asset on the negotiation table.
Personalized Health Recommendations
During a full body check-up, healthcare professionals can provide personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs. They can advise you on maintaining a healthy diet, exercising effectively, managing stress, and adopting other preventive measures. These recommendations empower you to make informed decisions about your lifestyle and optimize your overall health.
Worrying about failing health is natural. For many of us, our income depends on our good health. But a full-body checkup can enable you to live a stress-free life where you know that you are monitoring your health or managing a disease right. In addition, you can take preventable actions by intervening early.
Regular health check-ups offer peace of mind, knowing that you are taking charge of your well-being. Instead of worrying about undiagnosed conditions, you can rest assured that you are proactively managing your health. This peace of mind enables you to focus on other aspects of your life without the constant concern about potential health issues.